Brand new to the Laguna lineup is the all-new PX|12 benchtop planer featuring the new QuadTec I cutterhead. The Laguna PX|12 QuadTec I is loaded with premium features to make woodworking safer and more enjoyable.
- QuadTec I – The new QuadTec I delivers what woodworkers want most in a compact package by providing a quiet, long-lasting performance with its 26 carbide The carbide inserts last longer than traditional planer knives and are 4 sided to provide a fresh cutting edge when rotated. The QuadTec I is a game changer when planing tricky grain in hardwoods
- 2 HP Motor – The 2 HP motor provides plenty of power for this Best-in-Class benchtop planer. The motor spins the cutterhead at 10,000 RPM to provide the smoothest possible finish
- Pull Out Extensions – The pull-out extensions and flip-down extensions make it easier to feed stock through the machine
The all-new PX|20 planer signals an innovative new design for Laguna planers. The Laguna PX|20 is loaded with new ergonomic features to make woodworking safer and more enjoyable.
- Infeed and Outfeed Rollers – The PX|20 features infeed and outfeed rollers to assist with material loading and feeding while keeping a compact footprint
- Digital Readout – The DRO has been moved to the control panel to provide better ergonomics and make precision settings easier
- Ergonomic Control Panel – Machine controls have been moved to the control panel at the top of the machine and angled toward the machine operator for easy access and better visibility. Combined with the new cabinet, the PX|20 sports a sleek, modern design
- Improved Dust Collection – The 4″ diameter dust chute offers the option to point to right or left to optimize dust collection system layout
- 4-Post Bed Support – Provides precise and consistent performance with every cut
- ShearTec II Cutterhead – The ShearTec II cuttherhead comes as standard equipment on PX|20 Planer. The ShearTec II is a 6-row carbide insert cutterhead that produces a superior surface finish on all woods including challenging hardwoods. The ShearTec II knives and fasteners have a T-step design to maximize clamping force on the knives preventing knife cracking and chatter. The 4-sided carbide insert knives produce a shear cut for flawless results. The ShearTec II cutterhead has deep grooves that make the cutterhead very quiet and improve shaving ejection. The 4-sided knives can be rotated for a new cutting edge without the need for a knife setting jig
- Serrated Infeed Roller – The serrated infeed roller and pressure bar are mounted close to the cutterhead to virtually eliminate snipe